Utah REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED!
Missouri begins June 1st
1. Contestants will construct and submit one (1) quilt (no larger than 50" x 50" and no smaller than 24" x 24") based on their interpretation of the theme "Where in Zootopia is 4-H"
2. Contestants will register with their age group using the form on this page, or by emailing directly, ICanQuiltContest@sewverysmooth.com. Registration closes February 1st, 2017.
Age groups are as follows:
3. Contestant will submit a 200 word progress report Essay by email to ICanQuiltContest@SewVerySmooth.com no later than March 1st, 2017. The Progress Report Essay must be written by the contestant, explaining how they are constructing their quilt and must include a picture of them working on their quilt with their 4-H Leader.
4. Contestant will submit a 200 word FINAL Report Essay and must include a photo of the finished quilt no later than March 31st, 2017 by email to ICanQuiltContest@SewVerySmooth.com.
5. All Contestants meeting all posted deadlines and submitting the Final Report Essay will receive an I Can Quilt Contest Completion Certificate, a 10" Ideal Seam Guide ($20 value) and an original Debbie Wendt Quilt Design ($20 value).
6. 5 Grand finalists in each youth division will be selected from the submitted Contestant Final Report Essays and finished quilt photos and will be notified by April 5th, 2017 but the I Can Quilt Contest Committee.
7. All Grand Finalists must submit their finished quilt to the I Can Quilt Contest Committee. Specific Instructions will be sent to our 20 finalists.
8. All 20 Grand Finalists will have their finished quilts displayed at the Utah Quilting & Sewing Marketplace in Sandy, UT on May 4-6 and will receive Grand Finalist Prizes, donated by the I Can Quilt Contest sponsors.
What is the I Can Quilt Contest?
- Register Online for your Age group
- Construct your Quilt based on the theme "Where in Zootopia is 4-H"?
- Write a 200 word Progress Report Essay and take a picture of your work.
- Write a 200 word Final Report Essay and take a picture of your finished quilt.
WIN PRIZES VALUED OVER $5,000!
Registration closed February 1st, 2017.
200 word Progress Report Essay and picture was due March 1st, 2017.
200 word Final Report Essay and picture was due March 31st, 2017.
Finalists must submit their quilt to I Can Quilt Contest Committee no later than April 15th, 2017.
Winners announced at the Utah Quilting & Sewing Marketplace in Sandy, UT on May 4-6th, 2017.
"I CAN QUILT!"
Winline Textile Products, LLC
Farrell's Country Stitchin
The Fabric Cobbler
Hancy Creations, Inc
Eye of the Beholder Quilt Designs
Little Pup Designs
Quilter's Rule International
Are you a teacher or 4-H leader?
Download and Print our flyer and make sure your students have a chance to enter this great contest.
Every contestant meeting deadlines wins!